Friday, November 15, 2019

Soviet Snipers

Soviet Female World War II Snipers
For Round 3 of the Lead Painters League, I purchased two sets of female Soviets from Bad Squiddo Games.  During World War II, the Soviets had a number of women on active duty within their army, including some of the deadliest snipers of the conflict.  Bad Squiddo is known for their realistic sculpts of women, and these five figures are a perfect example.

Though I lost the round, I'm very happy with how these turned out.  They are a bit monochromatic, but that fits with their setting and their purpose.  In fact, these snipers were so well camouflaged that I actually lost them on my desk at one point.  I finally found them mixed into the rubble that I call a work area.

I hadn't planned on creating a Soviet army for Bolt Action.  If I do, however, these will make a good start, with two sniper teams and a forward observer.

No comments:

Post a Comment