Friday, June 7, 2019

Inventory Day - Part 2

Several days ago, I posted in regards to taking inventory of my overall reenacting kit.  Basically, covering everything that I carry myself while portraying either a soldier or civilian during the American Revolutionary War.

The same afternoon as I took my personal inventory, I took a quick inventory of what we have, and need, for my wife and children.  My 2nd oldest daughter has been partaking in reenactments since she was six, so she's built up a pretty decent kit.  However, she just turned 11, and as children do, she's outgrown most of her things.  Luckily these can be passed along to the younger sisters.

The Ladies Collection.
From left to right, I laid out what we have for my wife and four daughters (my oldest daughter doesn't reenact with us).  Unfortunately, there's not a lot here, and we have a lot of work to do.

My wife started joining us at events last summer, so we quickly pulled together a basic kit for her, including a shift, petticoat, and jacket.  The shift needs to be fitted still, and the jacket needs to be finished.  She had a cap, but that seems to have gone missing.  She still needs stays, pockets, and under petticoat, apron, kerchief, and some sort of headwear.

Next is the 2nd oldest daughter.  This is actually her very first outfit that was made for us when she first started.  Petticoat still fits, and can be lengthened if needed.  The jacket is a bit tight, but may do for another couple of events.  Her apron is too short, but it'll do.  Again missing headwear.

The blue dress was her second outfit, quickly outgrown.  This will work for our six year-old.  She needs an apron and cap, but at least has shoes and a hat, unlike the others.

The next two gowns are borrowed for the little ones.  Basically we just need something to put them in so they are not in modern clothes.  Again, missing caps and shoes.  Once these are outgrown (probably this year), they'll be passed along to others in our Regiment.

On the plus side, we have eating gear for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment