Sunday, September 23, 2018

Wattle Fencing Test


After reading through Vagabond's Wargaming Blog the other night, I decided to try out the method of building wattle fencing that he used in his viking village.  I used a slight variation.  Instead of adding glue to the string before winding, I built my fencing, then dipped the entire piece in watered down PVA.  This seems to have worked pretty well, and I'm happy with the result.  I think these will look decent around gardens or fields, and are appropriate for the AWI time frame.

Toothpicks driven into plastic card base.

Thick string glued to first post, then woven through uprights.

Woven back and forth, climbing up the post with each layer.

Woven to desired height and trimmed.

Dipped in water/glue mixture.

Primed and base coated.

After dry-brushing and flocking.

A couple of bushy bits added for character.


No comments:

Post a Comment