Friday, November 16, 2018

First Brits

A Scouting Party of the 24th Regiment of Foot.
I finished up the first five figures of my first British regiment last evening (minus basing).  The Internet readings are true. Red, white, and black are difficult to paint.  Brits, being mainly red, white, and black, are difficult to paint.  Fortunately, I have another 33 to practice on.

These men are from the 24th Regiment of Foot, and are from the Perry line of plastic miniatures.  These are the same sculpts that I used for Warner's Regiment, just with cut down caps and bayonets.  I considered adding bedrolls, but didn't really care for the look.  Warner's and the 24th squared off against each other a few times in the Northern theater of the American Revolution, so they seemed like a good unit to start with.

"How did you capture the 24th?"  "Sir, they were unarmed!"
Unlike my Warner's Regiment, I tried painting these before assembling.  This was useful for reaching more bits of the model, but a little tricky to not lose an arm here or there to pets or children.  Successful enough, though, that I'm going to work that way again on the next batch of five.

My little armies are slowly assembling.


The Parade Field.


No comments:

Post a Comment