Thursday, September 28, 2023

Drums and Tomahawks

 Officially, the Little Wars TV Fall APC began September 1st, with the announcement of the theme, "Forgotten Wars."  After reading the initial post, I starting thinking about the Indian wars that occurred in New England prior to the French & Indian War.  At first, I had contemplated painting up figures for King Phillip's War, but I wasn't sure exactly what was available for that time period.  A short discussion on the LWTV Patreon Discord server pointed me Brigade Games KPW line of miniatures.  Scrolling through the site, I saw that they sell a skirmish ruleset for the time period, Song of Muskets and Tomahawks by Ganesha Games.  The price was right, so I purchased the PDF book.

At some point, while reading through the rules, and looking into the time period, more, I decided to change focus to the Pequot War.  As I mentioned in my last post, two of my ancestors were involved in the conflict, so I had read a bit about it before.  Looking through the Ganesha Games website, I found, surprisingly, that they had a scenario book specifically for playing the Pequot War using the SoDaT rules.

The scenario books outlines a 12 game campaign, with each game representing a specific battle of the war.  It starts with the ambush of John Stone and his crew in 1634, but, really, the animosity of the various factions started before that.  I'll cover that in an upcoming post.


No comments:

Post a Comment