Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Plague Doctors

Plague Doctors
Originally ordered for Round 1 of the Lead Painter's League, where they would have fit the "Gothic Horror" theme of the round, I ended up using this set of Plague Doctors as my Round 6 entry.  Though I ordered them several weeks before the competition started, they didn't arrive until several weeks *after* the competition started.  So many weeks, in fact, that I had decided that I had mistakenly not ordered them.  As such, it was a bit of a surprise when they arrived in the mail.

These were painted quickly, as I had my days mixed up and almost missed completing an entry by the Round 6 deadline.  The figures are from Warmonger Miniatures.  I did make one small customization, cutting down the hat of one of the figures so that it would match the flat caps of the others.

For a quick paint, they didn't turn out too bad.  The one thing that kept running through my head as I painted, though, was "This was life before vaccines..."

No comments:

Post a Comment